SERVICES FOR U.S. OLYMPIC & PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE
Achieving our mission relies heavily on working with you, the National Governing Bodies (NGBs). Our independent status and congressional authorization (Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017) designates the U.S. Center for SafeSport as the leader in the movement to end emotional, physical, and sexual abuse of amateur athletes. Together, we provide accountability and encouragement to take the right steps ensuring that talented athletes, coaches and members of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) are protected and empowered.
The Center’s responsibilities include Education and Training, and Response and Resolution services to NGBs, including:
- Establishing training and policy requirements for NGBs
- Providing training and implementing educational programs for coaches, athletes and parents
- Receiving all sexual misconduct reports (which can be reported anonymously) from NGBs and anyone in the USOPC
- Investigating reports of sexual abuse in a confidential manner
- Issuing decisions if an individual did or did not violate the Center for SafeSport Code
- Sanctioning individuals found in violation of the Code, up to permanent ineligibility
- Establishing oversight mechanisms, including regular and random audits of the NGBs. (Compliance)
Response and Resolution
All reports of sexual misconduct and child abuse must be reported to the Center, and any child abuse reports must also be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours. All reports of non-sexual misconduct should be reported to the National Governing Body.